Saturday, March 17, 2012

On Prayer and Hearing From God

Today I had the pleasure of hearing author Marilyn Hontz speak to the women of my church on the subject of prayer. All I can say is, "WOW! I am in awe!" Marilyn had us laughing and crying. She spoke about how her precious mother kept prayer journals for many years. Through these, she left a great legacy to her children. They learned of her prayers and answers to prayer. I am so inspired to do the same. I don't know if I'm disciplined enough to actually write a journal, but I can always record my prayers and answers to prayer through...what else?...this BLOG!

Today while listening to Marilyn, I believe I was being nudged by God regarding my bible study as yet to be written. For weeks I've been tossing around ideas in my mind, but haven't felt convicted to write about any one of the ideas. Today, I think I have more clarity. I have always wanted to be like others I know who seem to clearly hear from God. Part of my problem in not hearing from God is that I never make the time to be still and be with Him. I know this would be the first step in hearing from Him. I've felt called recently (in December) into being more of a participant in ministry and I have answered that call. I know it is from Him because it feels so right and I have a passion for it. I have also felt called to write a bible study for YEARS! And have not accepted this call. Well, I have, but I haven't actually started. Today I decided that I'm going to write a study about hearing from God. I plan to document my efforts in building a closer relationship with Him and hopefully this will resonate with others. I know this will be hard for me as I want instant results. Part of the reason I haven't written a book yet is because I want to start and finish it immediately! I don't want it to take time and research. This process will definitely stretch me but Lord knows I need it!

I can say I have heard from God once. And in a big way! It happened in a dream, but that is another story...

Til later, I leave you with the words of our Women's Ministry Director, Sherry Harney:

"Live with Him.
Live like Him.
Live for Him."

No comments:

Post a Comment